I had company arrive on short notice for dinner the other evening and had to scramble to finish up work, run to the market, get the house in order and food on the table. So time to pull out my ‘go-to’ dishes that are simple yet elegant. One of these is my shrimp and cannellini bean antipasto….I love this dish. I serve it often for company and it always is a winner. I typically serve with lightly toasted garlic-rubbed crostini and Prosecco. And the flavors continue to develop which makes it a great leftover meal as well. So if company calls, keep this one on hand ….it is sure to please!
Shrimp and Cannellini Bean Antipasto
1. Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in skillet over medium heat until warm. Add garlic and saute until soft but not browned.
2 Add shrimp to skillet and saute, stirring frequently, until shrimp are cooked through and pink…about 5 minutes.
3. Remove shrimp and garlic from pan. Place in bowl that accommodate all the ingredients.
4. In the same pan, add the cannellini beans and saute for a few minutes (about 5) to combine flavors with the oil. Remove from heat.
5. Cut the shrimp into smaller bite sized pieces.
6. Add beans to shrimp mixture. Toss.
7. Add the remaining 1/2 cup of olive oil and red onion. Strip the leaves from the rosemary sprig and chop. Add to bowl. Toss all ingredients to combine.
8. Add the vinegar, salt and pepper. Toss again. Adjust seasoning. Add more vinegar or oil, if desired.
9. Add chopped basil to taste. Stir to combine and serve!