A simple summer sangria recipe to keep you refreshed all season!
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- About 1 cup white grapes, cut in half
- 1 peach, sliced
- 1 lime, sliced thinly
- A few sprigs fresh basil
- A few sprigs fresh mint
- 1 lime for juicing
- 1 bottle dry white wine
- Sparkling water or club soda
- Additional sprigs basil, mint for garnish
- In a small saucepan over low heat, combine the sugar and water. Stir until the sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat to cool.
- In a carafe, combine the sugar water (this is called simple syrup!), grapes, peach, sliced lime and sprigs of basil and mint. Pour in the bottle of white white. Add the lime juice. Allow to chill for a few hours.
- To serve, spoon some of the fruit in a glass. Pour the wine over top. Top with some sparkling water or club soda. Garnish with a sprig or two of fresh basil or mint. Serve….ahhhhhhh!
- Category: Cocktail
- Cuisine: Italian