An easy recipe to use up all that zucchini from the garden!
- 2 medium zucchini
- 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lemon, halved
- 1 cup whole milk ricotta (fresh if possible)
- About 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- Grated Parmesan or Pecorino
- 1 pound prepared pizza dough
- Trim ends of zucchini and slice into ¼ inch slices lengthwise.
- In separate bowls, toss the zucchini and tomatoes with a few drizzles of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Prepare a grill and lightly oil the grill grates. Grill the zucchini slices, turning often until tender and slightly charred, about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Grill lemon halves, cut side down until slightly charred. Set aside.
- Mix ricotta with the basil and juice from one half of grilled lemon.
- Prepare the flatbread dough: Divide the pizza dough in half. Gently shape each piece into a rectangle or free form shape. Transfer to a lightly oiled baking sheet.
- Grill the dough over direct heat until first side is stiff and just lightly charred, about 1 minute. Turn and cook other side. Transfer to a clean baking sheet. Top each pizzetta with some of the zucchini and tomatoes. Top with dollops of the ricotta. Sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Place the pizzettas back on the grill (indirect heat if possible). Close the grill and allow to cook until the ricotta is warmed and crust is crispy.
- To serve, place on a platter. Drizzle with a little extra virgin olive oil, juice from remaining lemon half, a dusting of Parmesan and a sprinkle of basil leaves.