A simple delicious lemon and pistachio pasta for when you just don’t feel like cooking…
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 1 large garlic clove, peeled (for rubbing the bowl)
- 3 large lemons
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup grated Parmesan, plus additional for serving
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Finely chopped pistachios, for serving
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over medium heat.
- In the meantime, cut the garlic clove in half and rub the exposed part of the clove around the inside of your serving bowl. (This will give the pasta a subtle garlic flavor.) Discard garlic.
- Zest and juice all 3 lemons, keeping the zest and juice separate. Add about 1/3 of the lemon zest and all the lemon juice to the bowl. Slowly whisk in the olive oil until emulsified. Whisk in the Parmesan. Taste and season with the salt and pepper.
- Cook the pasta according to package directions until tender but still firm (al dente), stirring occasionally.
- Reserve 1 cup of the pasta water and drain the pasta. Add the warm pasta to the serving bowl and toss. Add the pasta water in ¼ cup increments until you have the creamy sauce coating each strand. Taste again and adjust the seasoning.
- Garnish with chopped pistachios, additional reserved lemon zest and Parmesan prior to serving.
Add fresh ricotta: Simply add about 1 cup of fresh ricotta to the lemon mixture. The warm pasta will melt the ricotta and become a heavenly creamy sauce that will coat the pasta.