Easy Italian recipe to use that wonderful summer produce!
- For the vinaigrette:
- 1 large clove garlic, finely diced
- 1 small shallot, finely diced
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Freshly ground black pepper
- For the salad:
- 1 lemon
- 2 peaches
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Baby greens
- Fresh basil
- 1/3 pound prosciutto, sliced thin
- 2 medium or 1 large ball fresh mozzarella
- Make the vinaigrette: Combine the garlic, shallot, olive oil and vinegar in a glass jar. Shake to combine. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Taste and adjust to your liking – add additional oil or vinegar if needed.
- Make the salad:
- Squeeze the lemon into a medium bowl filled with cold water. Cut the peaches into slices and add to the lemon water. (This will keep them from turning brown.) Allow to soak for about 10 minutes. Remove from the water and dry the slices.
- Fire up the grill and rub the peach slices with a bit of olive oil. Grill the peach slices until grill marks develop, just a few minutes each side. Remove from the grill.
- On a large platter, arrange the baby greens. Tear up a few leaves of fresh basil and add. Arrange the peach slices on top. Tear up the prosciutto and fresh mozzarella and add to the salad.
- Just before serving, drizzle with the vinaigrette. Buon appetito!
- Category: Italian Salad
- Cuisine: Italian