An easy refreshing summer recipe because everyone needs more granita in their life: Peach-Strawberry Granita
- • 5 peaches (about 1 ½ pounds)
- • ½ pound strawberries
- • ¼ cup sugar, plus more if you like it sweeter
- • ½ cup water
- • Juice of ½ lemon
- • Pinch of coarse salt
- Peel, pit and chop the peaches into large pieces. Clean and quarter the strawberries.
- In a food processor or blender, puree together the peaches, strawberries, sugar, water, lemon juice and a few pinches of coarse salt. Taste; add more sugar to taste.
- Transfer mixture to a baking sheet. Place baking sheet in freezer, uncovered. Freeze for 2 ½ hours; scraping with a fork every hour.
- To serve, scrape the frozen mixture one last time to create a fluffy and icy mixture. Transfer to bowls and serve!
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Category: Italian Dessert
- Cuisine: Italian