- 1 fennel bulb
- 1 lb Brussel sprouts
- 3 Mandarin oranges or Tangerines
- 1–2 wedges cut from a Navel orange
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 400℉.
- Setup a mixing bowl to hold the ingredients.
- Trim away any brown on the fennel bulb root. Trim off the stems. Half the fennel bulb from top to bottom then into thin wedges. Add to bowl.
- Prepare the Brussel sprouts by trimming the ends and then cut in half through the stem end. Add to bowl.
- Peel the Mandarin oranges or Tangerines and break into segments. Add to bowl.
- Liberally coat the vegetables with olive oil and then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Pour the vegetables out on a sheet pan (I suggest you cover the pan with parchment paper for easy cleanup.
- Roast for 20 mins and then toss the vegetables around with a long spoon. Roast for another 10-15 mins until the vegetables are nicely browned.
- Remove from the oven and drizzle with a little more olive oil. Squeeze the orange segments on the cooked vegetables and toss.
- Serve while hot.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 40 mins
- Cuisine: Italian