We are very excited and honored to be awarded our very first blogger award – the Versatile Blogger Award (VBA)! We were nominated by our friend, MariaGiovanna, over at Sharing My Italy. (Grazie mille!) Please check out her great blog when you have a moment.
The blogging community is such a wonderfully diverse and welcoming group. I love checking email and finding new posts from my friends out in the blogging community – makes me feel so connected to our many new friends around the globe. The rules of the VBA require that we select an additional 15 blogs to nominate in return for the award. This was a difficult task to narrow down our favorites to 15 but our list is below (in no particular order). I know a few of you have received this award already so do not feel obligated to respond to the nomination. I would be remiss to leave you off our favorite list!
Here they are:
And for the final bit – 7 things about Our Italian Table!
1. Our love of cooking originated from helping our mother make meatballs, gnocchi, passatelli and ravioli as kids. She constantly fed the neighborhood with her delicious Italian dishes and we loved when she pulled out that big wooden pasta board as we knew it was time to make pasta together.
2. My brother, Joey, is busily writing iPad apps and the first one will take all the recipes from Our Italian Table mobile. That way you can go to the Farmers Market first and then pick your recipes based on what looks good at the market. Stay tuned!
3. I am busily working on a mobile app project with some friends in Italy. Details hopefully in a few months!
4. Joey loves teaching cooking classes at his church and has launched a catering and private chef business in Los Angeles.
5. In the summer, I love picking tomatoes fresh from the garden and cooking up pasta with tomatoes and garlic for breakfast.
6. Our favorite movie is Cinema Paradiso…beloved Alfredo and gorgeous Toto! “Toto, Toto, right now the Paradise needs you, and you need the Paradise…” – Alfredo
7. Our grandfather, Guiseppe, built the Italian American Social club in the town where we grew up and modeled it after the Italian club in Senigallia, his village in Italy.
Great fun!! Grande baci to all our new blogging friends …thanks for adding smiles to our days!