Here’s to the end of summer! My we remember it fondly. And what better way to celebrate the end of summer than with the BBQ. This is another recipe where amounts are sort of irrelevant. Use as much or as little of each ingredient as you like. These spiedini are perfect for an appetizer.
Ingredients and Directions:
- Long bamboo skewers
- Lamb shoulder (cut into 1-inch cubes)
- Yellow bell peppers (cut into 1-inch pieces)
- A thick slice of Pancetta (cut into 1/2-inch pieces)
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat a BBQ grill to high heat.
- Soak the skewers in water for about 20 minutes to minimize them burning on the grill.
- Thread the bamboo skewers with alternating lamb, yellow bell pepper and pancetta pieces. (In the picture above, there is a piece of pancetta in the center, then moving outward, yellow bell pepper and then lamb.)
- Lightly oil the grill by taking an old clean rag, soaking it with olive oil and then, using tongs, rub the rag on the grill grates.
- Grill the spiedini for about 6 to 8 minutes or until medium rare.
- Remove from the grill and lightly season with salt and pepper.